Monday, May 21, 2012

Eenie Meenie Minee Moe

My daughter Emily's version:

Eenie meenie minee moe
Catch the tiger to the toe
Eenie
Meenie
Minee
Moe

Emily has been using this rhyme as a decision-making tool lately.  A LOT. 

Will it be Dora, Spongebob or Sparkle toothpaste?

Which cookie will she choose?

And....I will say....that no matter how tired or short on patience I am while I await her decision, I smile. 

I smile because Emily smiles.  She cracks herself up.  She walks on her toes or skips around the house.  A LOT. 

Emily giggles.  Her teacher nick-named her Giggly Emily.

She loves telling funny stories.  I couldn't keep track of the number of times today that Emily started a sentence today with: "Daddy, it was so funny at school when...." or "Do you remember that time...that was soooo silly....!"

Emily can say eenie meenie minee moe all day.  As long as she continues to giggle and SMILE.

No comments: