Thursday, September 6, 2012

Drive to Disney: Never again.

Most of the folks that end up reading my posts follow Sarah's blog also.

So...if you are reading this post, you probably know we just returned from a seven day vacation at Disney World in Orlando.

We drove. 

We drove the ENTIRE 1,300 miles. 

BOTH WAYS.

AGAIN.

This is the second time we have done this drive.  After the first time, my comment to Sarah was "never again".  And, because I'm not a good salesman at all, I was not able to convince Sarah to bite the bullet and pay to fly to Florida for this trip.

So we drove again.  And it took 31 hours to get there because of:
  • traffic at the GW bridge in New York
  • traffic at the Delaware Memorial Bridge
  • major traffic at the Virginia - North Carolina border.  They closed route 95 because of flooding.  That's right CLOSED.
The drive back was brutal too. We drove straight through because we so paranoid about getting stuck in traffic on Labor Day.

I'm not sure when things changed but the drivers along 95 in the New Jersey to Connecticut stretch drive as if they are on a racetrack.  Like passing on the right doing 85 m.p.h. crazy.  Trucks too.

Sarah's comment to me on the drive home was "never again".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seventeen miles in 3 hours is still very fresh in my mind :)
Grammy/Sheila