Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend in Virginia

I come from a BIG family. I have twelve siblings and twenty-something nephews and nieces. But, even with most of my immediate family residing in Massachusetts, Allie, Anna and Emily do not have cousins from my side of the family to play with since most of their cousins are much older than them (in their 20's and 30's).

My younger brother D and his wife A, however, have two boys closer in age to our girls(Clive will be two in September and Charlie is about six months) – this makes me happy! The fact that they don’t live in the area is not so great, though. They, like a few others in my immediate family, have found their way to northern Virginia. D made the move to Virginia over ten years ago and still resides there today. So…given we had yet to meet the newest member of D & A’s family, we decided to take a road trip down to see them over Memorial Day weekend.

Long story short is that we had a nice trip and it actually felt like a vacation, not just a trip. The weekend, among other things, included:

- A visit with a friend of Sarah’s (and their identical twin girls)!
- Some spray park and kiddy pool fun!
- A cookout!
- Playtime with Charlie and Clive!
- The National Zoo!

Here are some highlights:


No comments: