Saturday, July 25, 2009

DOG DAY OF SUMMER

My day started at 1:15 am when Allie woke up crying. She kept crying/ whining so we went with plan A. Plan A didn't work so Sarah came in for plan B, which didn't work either. Anna and Em woke up at this point. Three crying toddlers at 1:45 am is not good.

Long story short is that I saw 2:15, 3:15, 4:15 and 5:30 on the clock. I got some sleep in between, but not much. 5:30 am = sun rise = Emily wakes up. (She ended up in bed with me sometime during our middle-of -the night fun.) Efforts to get Em to go back to sleep were futile so downstairs we went before 6:00 am to hang out, play and watch a little Barney. We actually ended up having some QT together, even though we were both exhausted.

It is 9:45 pm now and Allie finally went down about 1/2 hour ago. She is not having a good time - I think it may be molars? I just don't know. I mentioned to Sarah tonight maybe we need to get The Nanny over here. Are we doing something wrong or is it just teething? The girls just DO NOT go down easy.

I am going to have myself an ice cream treat and call it a day. Let's hope for a more restful night tonight.

No comments: